Sunday, December 27, 2015

What is different?

I was recently asked the question:

"You have now taking a picture a day every day for six months - have you noticed anything different?"

The answer: "Yes, I have"

I find myself being more aware of my surroundings, especially the light, the patterns, the shapes, the colors.

  • I am starting to notice how the light falls on my surroundings creating the highlights and the shadows and either brings out or hides the textures.
  • I am starting to notice the patterns of nature, the patterns of architecture, and how they often interact.
  • I am starting to notice the shapes of objects, whether random, symmetrical, simple, or complex.
  • I am starting to notice how colors change throughout the day, throughout the year, and how colors interact with each other.
It is not that I have never noticed these before - but I notice that the blend of light, patterns, shapes, and colors are now more prominent in my mind. There is a difference. Ask me the question again in another six months.

Go out and 'smell the roses', take a picture, and see for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment