Friday, February 12, 2016

10,001 Pictures

When I started down this path of 10,001 Daily Pictures, I thought "Golly! That is a lot of pictures, I may never reach that!". True, I may never reach a picture a day for a lifetime, but reaching 10,001 pictures ended up being a no brainer. Since June 1, 2015, I have reached and exceeded taking 10,000 pictures.

Of course, one has to take in consideration if you put a phone on burst mode, that can easily rip of 20 to 40 pictures really fast. If you take multiple shots trying to get a better angle and/or light on a subject, you can easily take 10 to 20 pictures. I probably took 50 pictures yesterday taking photographs of birds and the moon; only one bird ended being in the 'Daily Pictures'.

Digital cameras have made this possible. If this was back in the days of film, I would not be doing a photo a day project especially with the development cycle that can be measured in days or weeks and cost of film!

I am not saying that you become a better photographer because you have a digital camera, you just have a great opportunity for more practice! And we all know that more practice will land your pictures in Carnegie Hall, well, maybe on Flickr :-)


Go take some pictures today, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment