Thursday, June 2, 2016

Project 365 Ends

June 2, 2016 - 366 days since I started my Project 365 and 10,001 daily photographs. At this time, I have completed both.

Henri Cartier-Bresson stated: “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”  I have now taken over 16,500 photographs. However, Henri was using film, I am using digital and it doesn't take long to build the count. So perhaps it is now the first 100,000 photographs.

I find my craft is still improving but more importantly I observer and anticipate more, whether I am looking through a viewfinder or just walking about. I have learned not only about the mechanics of taking photographs but also how light strikes objects and to see the color, see quality and direction of light, notice the shadows and contrast, see texture, lines, forms, shapes, see the details - all of which creates the final composition.

At this time, I don't think I am going to continue with another Project 365. I will continue photography, for now is the time to take this forward and expand my skills and transform from recording what's in front of me to recording what's on my mind, to tell a story. I may still post blogs, but perhaps more on a theme or story basis, such as my most recent Macro post and album.

Oh, my favorite picture?  "The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

What was your favorite? Here is a link to all of my Project 365 pictures - Link. If you find one you like, share it with someone or just reflect on what it means to you.

Stay tuned - and thank you for taking the time to read my posts and view my photographs.


My Favorite Picture

Why? It is like my photography hobby, I am seeing the world in a different light.


No comments:

Post a Comment